New amendment shall be applied to the following types of ships engaged on international voyages:
(1) Cargo ships, including high-speed craft, of 300GT and upwards;
(2) Passenger ships, including high-speed passenger craft; and
(3) Self propelled mobile offshore drilling units, not on location.
(1) ships constructed on or after 31 Dec. 2008: on the date of completion;
(2) ships constructed before 31 December 2008 and certified for operations in sea areas A1 and A2, and sea areas A1, A2 and A3: not later than the first survey of the radio installation after 31 December 2008;
(3) ships constructed before 31 December 2008 and certified for operations in sea areas A1, A2, A3 and A4: not later than the first survey of the radio installation after 1 July 2009. However, these ships shall comply with the provisions of subparagraph (2) above whilst they operate within sea areas A1, A2 and A3; and
(4) Ships, irrespective of the date of construction, fitted with AIS, and operated exclusively within sea area A1 shall not be required to comply with the provisions of this regulation.
(1) Inmarsat-C and Inmarsat-Mini C are presently considered as LRIT shipborne equipment available on ships of sea areas A1+A2 and sea areas A1+A2+A3.
(2) Inmarsat SES complied with IMO performance standards for LRIT.
(3) Successful completion of conformance test for LRIT shipborne equipment is essential.
(4) Existing INMARSAT-C which was not complied with the requirements of LRIT
(5) For Inmarsat-C and Inmarsat-Mini C other than the specified above, please ascertain its conformity to the requirements of LRIT shipborne equipment with the manufacturer.
(6) LRIT shipborne equipment available for sea area A4 is under research.
(1) The conformance test should be conducted either by a recognized ASP or by an authorized testing ASP.
(2) The test is estimated to last for 30 hours from operational activation.
(3) On satisfactory completion of a conformance tests, the ASP conducting the test should issue a Conformance Test Report on behalf of the Administration
(4) The conformance test should be conducted prior to the date of Survey.
(1) Authorized testing ASPs assigned by the Flag State AuthorityTesting Application Service Provider
(2) Recognized ASP and National Data Centre Under research. They will be registered with IMO's list.
|Flag state||Circular No.||Title||Download||Issue date|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Information Notice 2015-004||The suspension of the Inmarsat LRIT data transferred via SatPro Equipment||Original||5 July 2015|
|Bahamas||Bulletin No.111 Rev.05||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||17 Aug. 2015|
|Bulletin No.116 Rev.04||Authorized Testing Application Service Providers (Testing ASP) for LRIT of Ships||Original||10 Feb. 2017|
|Bahrain||Marine Notice 1/2008||Long-Range Identification and Tracking of Ships||Original||23 July 2008|
|Belgium||Circular 2008/003||Notification on Long-Range Identification and Tracking of ships (LRIT) compliance||Original||1 Aug. 2014|
|Belize||Merchant Shipping Notice MSN-0036||Implementation of the LRIT System||Original||25 July 2008|
|Cayman Islands||Guidance Note 05/2008||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||1 Sep. 2014|
|Guidance Note 06/2008||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT) (2)||Original||1 Sep. 2014|
|Cyprus||Circular No: 19/2008||Long - Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)||Original||30 Oct. 2008|
|Circular No:13/2009||Long - Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)||Original||24 June 2009|
|Denmark||DMA Class Circular no.: 07/2008||Implementation of LRIT on vessels flying the Danish flag||Original||30 Sep. 2008|
|Dominica||CD-PD 01-15 Rev02||Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)||Original||26 Jan. 2018|
|CD-MSC 07-08 Rev02||Appointment of Authorized Testing Application Service Providers||Original||2008|
|European Maritime Safety Agency||C.3/SSB/MCU/ 2010Tech Note 7||Participating States of the EU LRIT Data Centre regarding Anti-Piracy and reporting in the SAM area||Original||29 Jan. 2010|
|Georgia||No.29/CIRC/FSI||Transitional arrangements for the completion of the establishment of the LRIT System||Original||3 Dec. 2019|
|Gibraltar||Shipping Guidance Notice - 018||Implementation of LRIT on Gibraltar Registered Ships||Original||Aug. 2008|
|Shipping Guidance Notice - 056||Companies Approved as Application Service Provider (ASP) for the Implementation of LRIT||Original||25 Sep. 2015|
|Greece||Circular L.R.I.T. No.2||Implementation of LRIT on Greek merchant ships||Original||5 Sep. 2008|
|Circular L.R.I.T. No.3||Implementation of LRIT on Greek-flagged merchant ships / Authorized Testing Application Service Provider (ASPs)||Original||10 Dec. 2008|
|Circular L.R.I.T. No.5||Implementation of LRIT on Greek-flagged merchant ships / Authorized Testing Application Service Provider (ASPs)||Original||19 Mar. 2009|
|Circular L.R.I.T. No.6||Implementation of LRIT on Greek merchant ships||Original||3 July 2009|
|Hong Kong||MP/N 523/2/5 Pt.2||Shipboard LRIT Equipment Conformance Testing||Original||24 Sep. 2008|
|MP/N 523/2/5 Pt.4||Implementation of LRIT System||Original||29 June 2009|
|Isle of Man||MSN 032||Long-Range Identification and Tracking of Ships||Original||1 Aug. 2018|
|Kiribati||Marine Circular 5/2008||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||5 Dec. 2008|
|Liberia||Marine Notice ISP-003 Rev.04/20||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||Apr. 2020|
|Malta||Merchant Shipping Notice 77||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships||Original||17 Dec. 2008|
|Merchant Shipping Notice 78||Authorised Testing Application Service Providers (testing ASPs)||Original||17 Dec. 2008|
|Marshall Islands||Marine Notice No.2-011-25 Rev. Aug/2018||Long-Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) of Ships||Original||Aug. 2018|
|Palau||Marine Notice 129.2||Compliance with Long-Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)||Original||June 2020|
|Panama||Merchant Marine Circular MMC-185||Recognized Application Service Providers (ASPs)||Original||Oct. 2008|
|Merchant Marine Circular MMC-195||Long-Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||May 2017|
|Merchant Marine Circular MMC-197||Long-Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT).||Original||Jan. 2009|
|Portugal||Circular Nº.46||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT) – application, certification, surveys, change of flag, certain kind of ships||Original||23 Jun. 2017|
|Singapore||Shipping Circular No.04 of 2020||LRIT Conformance Testing and Certification||Original||28 Feb. 2020|
|Sri Lanka||MSN 12/2016||Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) of ships||Original||19 Apr. 2016|
|St. Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry||Maritime Circular No.MC/37/10||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||1 Sep. 2010|
|St. Vincent and The Grenadines||Circular N°SOL 028 Rev. 1||Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)||Original||25 Aug. 2008|
|Circular N°SOL 028 - Rev. 5||Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) Test||Original||19 Oct. 2009|
|Tuvalu||Marine Circular MC-2/2008/11/12/4||Long Range Identification and Tracking of Ships (LRIT)||Original||Sep. 2015|
|United Kingdom||Marine Guidance Note MGN 441 (M+F)||Changes to MCA’s 2002 SOLAS V Publication, Arising out of Amendments to SOLAS Chapter V.||Original||Dec. 2011|
(1) IMO Documents MSC.1/Circ.1307 and MSC.1/Circ.1309 were attached.
(2) ClassNK Technical Information TEC-0750 and TEC-0754 were informed on Internet ClassNK Home page.