News & Events
Beware of Fraudulent Billings Impersonating a ClassNK Staff
We have been receiving an increasing number of reports recently that fraudulent e-mails such as below have been sent to parties concerned to our Society.
- Received an invoice with a revised account number following with a message: "We have changed our bank account and would like you to transfer the money to our new account.”
- Received an e-mail: “Since the current bank account has a problem, please reply to this mail so I can direct you to another bank account."
The following examples of fraudulent e-mails have been detected:
- The e-mail address contains "classnk" or a similar string. (such as: classnk-jp.com, clasnk.jp)
- The e-mail domain showing the Society's email address (@classnk.or.jp), however it goes to a different address when you reply.
- The beneficiary name of the bank account provided is other than Nippon Kaiji Kyokai.
- Part of the invoice appears to have been tampered, especially the bank account.
These are considered as fraudulent e-mails, and have nothing to do with our Society, so please be careful.
If you receive a fraudulent e-mail, please do not reply or respond, but confirm the contents with our Society by the means other than e-mail such as phone call.