ClassNK releases amendments to class rules
1 June, 2017
Tokyo – Leading classification society ClassNK has released amendments to its Rules and Guidance for the Survey and Construction of Steel Ships on 1 June 2017.
ClassNK is constantly revising its Rules and Guidance in order to reflect the latest results from relevant research and development projects, feedback from damage investigations, requests from industry as well as changes made to relevant international conventions, IACS unified requirements (UR), national regulations, etc.
Requirements amended this time include:
- Amendment related to the Torsional Strength of Container Carriers (to incorporate research and development results)
- Amendment related to the Measures for Steering Control System Failures (to incorporate feedback from damage investigations)
- Amendment related to the Marking of Safe Working Loads (in response to industry requests, etc.)
- Amendment related to the Recording of Engine Status, etc. in Nitrogen Oxide Emission Control Areas (in response to changes in international conventions, etc.)
- Amendment related to the Welders and Welder Qualification Tests (in response to changes in IACS Unified Requirements, etc.)
The PDF files of ClassNK Rules and Guidance are available free of charge via ClassNK’s website
www.classnk.com for those who have registered for the ClassNK “My Page” service. To register for the “My Page” service free of charge, go to ClassNK’s website and click on the “My Page Login” button.
For more information on this topic please contact:
ClassNK Rule Development Division