ClassNK provides a broad range of technical services born of its many years of experience performing survey and classification related work together with its extensive technical know-how.
Ship Related Technical Services
ClassNK offers technical services concerning ships and offshore structures.
Ship Related Appraisal and Certification Services
ClassNK's technical services also encompass a diverse spectrum of appraisal and certification services which include the following:
- Hull underwriter surveys
- Condition surveys
- Damage surveys and inspections
- Appraisal surveys for navigation
- Design and strength evaluations
- Ship Condition Assessment Program (CAP)
- Fuel and lubricating oil analysis
- Conformance certification of ship installations
- Tonnage certification for passage through Suez and Panama canals
Appraisal Services related to the Improvement of Ships Energy Efficiency
ClassNK provides the appraisal services described below, in order to support smooth implementation of the international regulations for reduction of CO2 emissions (Amendments to MARPOL Annex VI will enter into force on 1 January 2013).
- Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) Appraisal
- Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) Appraisal
- Provision of the PrimeShip-GREEN/EEOI, System for calculation and analysis of the Energy Efficiency Operational Indicator (EEOI), and EEOI Appraisal.
Establishment of the EEDI Department
The EEDI Division was established on 1 April 2012 with the objective of reinforcing the services related to the improvement of ship’s energy efficiency.
The EEDI Department has exclusive technical staffs, and ensures the security of the confidential information (including intellectual property rights of the customers) which may be obtained in the process of EEDI verifications.
Industrial Inspection Services
ClassNK also carries out industrial surveys and inspections concerned with the machinery, materials and systems for shore-based plants, and other similar types of industrial structures as an inspection organization.
- ClassNK has been authorized to carry out inspections during construction of boilers, pressure vessels, pressure piping, as well as other types of machinery for industrial use imported into each respective jurisdiction on behalf of the following Administrations:
・Hong Kong ・Malaysia ・New Zealand
- Inspections as designated third party related to purchase contracts
- Inspections as agents on behalf of purchaser